Back to School Family Fun Day and Beach Bags Food Drive
Behind Finn McCools
Enjoy the end of summer with fun for the entire family!
• Bounce Houses
• Sports Stations
• Face Painting
• Fire Trucks
Schedule of events:
11:30 - tug-o-war (kids)
11:45 - Tug-o-war (adults)
12:00 - Hula Hoop Contest (kids)
12:30 - Hula Hoop Contest (adults)
1:00 - YMCA Zumba Fun*
* Dance calories away in Zumba with the YMCA! This high-energy workout will get you moving in a fun atmosphere with motivating music.
Beach Bags Food Drive
The Beach Bags program provides meals and healthy snacks to disadvantaged students who may not have enough to eat over weekends and school vacations.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Drop off food items at Landstown Commons during the Spring Fling (details on back), such as:
• Individual cereal boxes or oatmeal packages
• 8 oz. shelf-stable milk cartons (Juice box sized)
• Shelf-stable main course items (Ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs,
beef stew, chicken & dumplings, tuna/chunk chicken, macaroni
& cheese, chunky soups, etc.)
• 4 oz. (or larger) fruit cups and/or 100% juice boxes
• Snack items (Granola bars, cereal bars, raisins, pretzels, snack
Monetary donations will also be accepted.Tax-deductible contributions can be made through the Virginia Beach Education Foundation at www.vbef.org.
For more information: Contact the Office of Community Engagement at (757) 263-1936.
www.vbschools.com/beachbags • www.vbef.org
RAIN DATE: Sunday, September 9
While supplies last. Event subject to change without notice.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org